- Daklinza is a prescription medicine used with sofosbuvir to treat chronic (lasting a long time) hepatitis C genotype 3 infection in adults.
- Daklinza should not be taken alone.
It is not known if this medicine is safe and effective in children under 18 years of age.
Before taking Daklinza
Before taking Daklinza, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have liver problems other than hepatitis C infection
- have had a liver transplant
- have heart problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if this medicine will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if this medicine passes into your breast milk.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Daklinza may affect the way other medicines work, and vice versa, which may cause side effects.
Keep a list of your medicines to show your healthcare provider and pharmacist.
- You can ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for a list of medicines that interact with Daklinza.
- Do not start taking a new medicine without telling your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider can tell you if it is safe to take Daklinza with other medicines.
How should I take Daklinza?
- Take Daklinza exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to.
- Do not change your dose unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
- Do not stop treatment without first talking with your healthcare provider.
- Take Daklinza one time each day with or without food.
- If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember the same day. Take the next dose at your regular time.
- If you miss a dose and remember the next day, skip the missed dose. Take the next dose at your regular time.
- Do not take two doses at the same time to make up for the missed dose.
- If you exceed your prescribed dose, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.